After recovering form all the holiday joy and cheer, the reality that this next baby’s arrival is just around the corner has really set in. As a result I’ve been making tons of lists (my go to coping mechanism) and trying to focus on checking items off one at a time. This weekend was big for checking things off the list as Todd and I spent a good chunk of it re-organizing our house. From kitchen cabinets, to the entire garage, to the guest room/office that was never completed when the old office was emptied for Gianna’s new room, we really went for it. We have both said now that the visual left after lots of purging, donating and shelf building has made us feel more prepared for the next steps in bringing another little person into our home. There’s still lots to do, but it was a great start! We did manage to squeeze some fun into the weekend, especially while rooting for the 49ers in the playoffs. G was supporting her team (thanks to a cute T from her Uncle Matt) but was much more into playing with her new best friend, Rosie, (my parent’s new puppy) than actually watching the game.
And an attempt to get a picture of G and her Papa in their Niners gear, but little miss is not so into posing for pictures these days.
Aside from our weekend of organizing, I know I’ve been promising some easy family friendly meals, so today I have one of our new faves. A healthier take on my favorite fast food splurge, Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza.
- Ground Beef (or ground turkey for a healthier option)
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Refried Beans (could use whole, or black beans as well)
- Green onions
- Sliced black olives
- Red onion
- Bell peppers
- Taco seasoning (we love the Frontera brand salsas and recently discovered their bomb Taco Skillet Sauce!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- On the stove start one pan with the meat and taco seasoning. In another pan sauté the red onion and bell peppers and in a small pot heat the beans.
- Chop green onions and tomatoes for toppings.
- Once all ingredients are cooked, put a tortilla at the bottom of a round cake pan and spread a layer of beans, then meat, then sautéed pepper and onions (I leave the last layer out for little ones). Bake in the oven for 10 min.
- Pull out after 10 min and cover with a second tortilla. Top that with cheese, olives, green onions and tomatoes.
- Bake for another 5-10 min until cheese is melted.
- Salsa can be used as a dipping sauce or added under the cheese layer. Depending on how spicy it is I leave it off on the pizza for the little ones.
And I couldn’t resist a few other fun pics from the last week or so…
Have a great end of your week and weekend, and GO NINERS!